Friday, April 26, 2013

Creative Crocheting

So, I've been surfing the internet the last couple of days, checking out various interests of mine. One thing I absolutely LOVE to do is crochet. I've found quite a few interesting and new to me patterns that are available for free on various sites. I've also found some bloggers who I hadn't seen before. I can't wait to have the opportunity to try out some of the patterns. Keeping up with all the blogs I follow is difficult, but I've been doing better since starting my own. I thought it would be nice to put a shout out here to all the pages I really like...




Mikey and Diva Dan
The Crochet Crowd is one of my all time favorites. Mikey and company put out free patterns, how-to-videos and all kinds of news info concerning crochet and yarn. They are on Twitter , Facebook , and YouTube . Mikey is the face of this wonderful group. He does a wonderful job explaining the instructions in a way that anyone from beginner to advanced crocheters can follow without being bored. He is also quite funny and includes his humor within the videos. They also have a monthly group project that is usually quite fun while showing a different stitch or combination of stitches.




Abstract Cats

Crochet Geek is another cro-blogger that does a great job teaching the stitches and patterns. She has a number of tutorials available on YouTube and a Facebook page. She covers patterns from the simple to rather difficult. She has several original patterns, including Abstract Cats which is something that looks very difficult, yet the work is actually rather simple.





If I am looking for a pattern or stitch, these are the two sites I will first go to. If I am still unable to find what I'm looking for, I will go to Crochet Pattern Central they have just about everything you could ever want and they are all supposed to be free (sometimes someone gets a for purchase pattern on the list). Ravelry is another go to site for anyone with an interest in anything yarn - they offer crochet and knit patterns, some of which are free, others do require a purchase. 

Here are a couple of adult themed patterns:


Penis lip balm cover


Amigurumi Dildo





These are only a very few of the hundreds of sites that offer crochet patterns. They are the ones that I am most familiar with and that I use on a regular basis. Another great resource for patterns and ideas is Pinterest please use the comments below to share your favorite sites or links to favorite patterns.










No comments:

Post a Comment